Billing Clerk Cover Letter
Billing Clerks work in the finance field and are mainly responsible for issuing invoices to customers and maintaining customer files. Principal responsibilities include preparing monthly customer statements, processing credit memos, issuing customer account statements, receiving payments through various methods, answering customer questions, reporting to the upper management, entering invoices into customer invoicing websites, and updating their job knowledge.
Successful Billing Clerk example cover letters focus on the following job assets:
- Accounting experience
- Detail orientation
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong math skills
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
Just below is displayed a cover letter sample for Billing Clerk highlighting comparable skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Billing Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Latta:
When I read your posting for a Billing Clerk, I was excited to submit my resume for your review. With six years of experience in accounts receivable and collections—along with my proven skills in time management, communication, and leadership—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Plymouth Waterworks in this role.
My background includes solid experience sending customer invoices, processing payments, identifying past-due accounts, and resolving general billing issues and concerns while ensuring a superior level of customer service. With a strong foundation in customer account review and collection, my problem-solving and interpersonal talents will enable me to excel as your next Billing Clerk.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring billing operational efficiency and accuracy as a Billing Clerk for the City of Birmingham’s Water Department, skillfully analyzing and handling invoices, payments, and financial records while responding to and quickly resolving customer billing inquiries.
- Placing collection calls when necessary to customers with open balances, focusing on past-due account payments.
- Receiving and processing incoming cash and check payments and ensuring meticulous and accurate documentation in customer payment records.
- Communicating directly and courteously with customers to review and verify billing data and facilitate timely payments.
- Leveraging my superior analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to achieve outstanding results.
With my strong experience in accounts receivable and collections, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to customer service excellence, I am confident that I could quickly exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Renee C. McClain
Accounts payable cover letter
View this sample cover letter for accounts payable, or download the accounts payable cover letter template in Word.
Is your career paying the bills, or do you need a little help with checks and balances? To be considered for top accounts payable jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for accounts payable, or download the accounts payable cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about finance careers and look for accounts payable jobs on Monster.
Accounts payable cover letter template
Sometown, IA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
November 20, 2017
Ms. Wendy McMillan
55 Hart Blvd.
Sometown, IA 55555
Re: Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist | Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. McMillan:
While AP is a back-office function and its importance can easily be overlooked, the way the process is managed could make or break a company. As an AP specialist for a leading automotive parts manufacturer, I ensure efficient processes and workflows are in place to keep vendors happy while maximizing my employer’s bottom line. I am confident that my hands-on approach would add value to your AP team.
My current day-to-day responsibilities as an AP specialist mirror the job responsibilities outlined in your ad. At XYZ Company, I:
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Research, reconcile and correct discrepancies on vendor statements
- Process vendor invoices, AP batches and check rebates
- Help plan and execute month-end AP closing processes
Throughout my tenure with XYZ, I have maintained accurate files and documentation; processed invoices and payments on time; and provided first-class service.
One of the keys to successful account management is my ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with vendors, suppliers and distributors. If an account issue arises, I expedite resolution to maintain professional, trusting relationships.
My qualifications include an associate’s degree in accounting; proficiency in Great Plains, Concur and Ariett invoice management an AP systems; expertise in Excel; knowledge of SOX and GAAP standards; and agility in handling high-volume workloads.
May we schedule a meeting? You can reach me at (555) 555-5555. Thank you for your time.